In addition to various performance improvements, user interface updates and error corrections, this release will also includes the launch of the Kahua Host for the Mac Operating System.
Kahua Host for Mac
The Mac host has been updated to add support for the following applications:
- Configuration – This app allows administrators to configure the behavior (e.g. numbering, required fields, labels) of apps.
- Domain Settings – This app allows administrators to configure global settings for their domain such as the domain name, enforce password requirements, setting time zone and enabling the data store
- Vendor Management – This creates an approved list of vendors that can be used on a project
- Risk Register – This app allows users to identify risk, establish a mitigation plan, and assign tasks
- Added support for SSO
- Numerous bug fixes and performance improvements.
With this release of the Kahua Host for Mac, the extended support release of the Silverlight version of the Kahua browser client on the Mac OS will end and the browser client will no longer be available.
The Kahua Host for Mac is available for download from the Mac App Store.
Copy To Communications
Kahua has added the ability to default the “Copy To Communications” checkbox when using the Send action from any Kahua app. This setting is available to users who have permission to update the defaults configuration for the Communications app. This setting is initially set to disabled to match existing functionality. To enable this setting, open the Configuration app and navigate to the Defaults tab for Communications. Update the “Copy To Communications” setting to make the change; this will apply to the current project and any child projects where the Communications defaults are set to “Inherit”.
Grouping option added to View Log
We have added a grouping mechanism to the saved views in several applications. This will allow users to group like items within a saved data view. To use this functionality, open the Saved View dialog and select the Grouping option. Users are permitted to group records by attributes with matching values. For example, you can group your RFIs by Author to so that all RFIs with the same Author will be displayed in the same order in the list.
Domain Admin Group Access
Members of the Domain Admin user group will now have full access to all available actions available in an application and its items.