In addition to various performance improvements, user interface updates and error corrections, this release will also include:
Kahua has updated the Licenses app to provide the ability to assign multiple product licenses to multiple users at the same time. In the Licenses app, select "Assign Multiple" to open the detail pane which includes two sections: Assign To and Products. Use the "Assign To" attribute to select one or more users you would like to assign licenses to. Use the "Product" checkboxes to select which licenses you would like to assign to the users defined in the "Assign To" attribute. Please note:
- You must have at least one user and one product selected.
- Only products that have available licenses will be displayed for selection. In the event there are more users than available licenses, an on screen warning will be displayed next to each product name. Remove users from the Assign To attribute or deselect products until you are in compliance with available licenses.
- It is acceptable to select users that already have licenses for the selected products. Generally, these users will be ignored when assigning licenses, unless multiple license batches exist. In this case, users will be updated to the license batch that has the latest expiring license.
- If there are not enough licenses available for a specific product, NO licenses will be assigned to any user for that product. However, licenses will be assigned for other products provided licenses are available. For example, if 5 platform and 3 Document Mgmt licenses are available and you attempt to assign to 4 users, it will assign the Platform licenses but it will not assign Document Mgmt to any user.
Multi Edit functionality has been added to the Packaged Submittals app. This allows users to select records in the log and invoke a Multi Edit window. The Multi Edit functionality will be added to additional apps in upcoming releases.
Each record loads individually and is validated on load and therefore will take longer to load based on the quantity of selected records. For best performance, it is recommended to only select the items that will be edited.
- Uneditable records, such as those in workflow like Package 0006 in the second screenshot below, will appear read-only.
- Uneditable attributes, such as apps that have numbering set to Auto, will appear read-only.
|General rule of thumb: If a record/attribute can be edited in the detail pane, it should be able to be edited in multi edit. If it can’t be edited in the detail pane, it should not be able to be edited in multi edit.
As changes are made, an orange dirty dot is displayed next to any record that has been modified. Clicking Save will apply changes and close the Multi Edit window. Records are saved independently in the order they appear on screen. Each changed record will be validated prior to save. In the event of a violation, the user will be notified on screen and any additional updates can be made. Note that any records appear prior to the violation will be saved in Kahua and the dirty dot will be removed. Any records that have been changed but appear after the violation will not be saved and the dirty dot will remain. After the user makes any updates, Kahua will start from the top of the list and attempt to Save all changes.
On Bid Solicitations, a new fourth Bid Item Type has been introduced, called “Quantity Only”. This new type of Bid Item enables a Solicitor to fix the Unit Rate for specific items in a Bid. It’s particularly useful when the Solicitor has an established Unit Rate with their Bidders for certain work tasks, and expects the Bidders to only provide their assessment of the associated quantities for those items. What’s depicted below is the Bid Solicitation, in edit mode, from the Solicitor’s perspective. The result is that when a Bidder receives a Bid Solicitation that has items defined as “Quantity Only”, they will be restricted to inputting Quantity only for those line items, and the Total for those items will be calculated based on the Unit Price that has been set by the Solicitor (and which the Bidder has no ability to change). The corresponding values and associated calculations carry throughout the Bid process, from Solicitation, to Bid Room (including Import/Export), to Proposal, and finally to Bid Comparison.
Download the latest Mac host on the Mac store - Kahua for Mac
- Added Manage Funding functionality to Portfolio Management
Added support for handling larger files
Minor enhancements and bug fixes:
Fixed issue where auto-numbering was not displaying assigned number on Save
Fixed sorting issue where "None" option displayed as a blank row rather than with the label "None"
Fixed issue that could cause host to crash on taking workflow actions
Fixed data display issue on Contracts
Kahua for Mobile
The following changes have been made to Kahua for iOS and Android:
- Added Companies and Community sub apps to the Contacts application
- Redesign of the Multi-Select tagbox control:
- Added tabbing to toggle between Folders and Files in File Manager
- Updates and enhancements to Messages application, including UI updates to the Send feature
- Updated Daily Reports application, including changes to log formatting, the weather feature
Kahua Host Updates
All Kahua hosts have been updated with various enhancements and bug fixes. The Windows host will automatically update upon first launch after the release.
Download the appropriate app for your device: