A webinar regarding the new functionality in this release from December 21, 2018 1:00 PM EST has been posted here.
In addition to various performance improvements, user interface updates and error corrections, this release will also include:
Kahua has updated the permissions for Configuration to provide more granular control. Each tab in Configuration now has its own security role that can be adjusted per Group. This will permit admins to allow users to configure specific project level configurations. For example, access can be given to configure Weather behavior but prevent the ability to Archive the project. Note, the Applications role will grant access to configure individual applications, but the user's permission for the specific app will continue to govern which apps can be configured.
Groups that had Admin permission to the Configuration app prior to the release will be granted Admin to all security roles. Groups that did not have Admin permission to Configuration will not have any security roles available.
File Manager has been rebuilt from the ground up to so that it now supports full customization via extensions to include custom attributes and workflow per folder. With this update comes better performance and other standard features you find in other apps. Noticeable differences from past behavior include the following:
- Folders no longer appear in the list of files. Folders are only displayed in the folder tree. This was done to help conserve screen real estate and avoid confusion with regard to actions that were either folder or file specific
- Relocated the "Sharing" section from a tab on the folder properties to a stand alone action under "More" in the folder tree
- Relabeled the "Create Folder" action to "New Folder"
- Reordered the actions to be more consistent with other Kahua apps
- Reorganized the file thumbnail on the file detail preview to provide better visibility
- Updated the Versions table in the file detail pane to show the most relevant information, including the company name of the user who uploaded the file
Anonymous Folder Access
Users now have the ability to send a publicly available link to a folder in File Manager. Recipients of the link will be directed to a web page where they can either download the folder contents or open the folder directly in Kahua. These recipients do not need to be Kahua users to download the files.
- Download individual files by clicking the green download button to the right of the file name
- Download all files as a .ZIP file by clicking the "Download All" button in the lower left corner
- Download selected files by ticking the checkbox next to the files you would like to download. After making some selections, the "Download All" button is updated to "Download Selected". Click this button to download a .ZIP file that contains the selected files
To open the folder directly in Kahua, click the "Open in Kahua" button in the top right corner. The recipient must be a Kahua user with proper permission to access the folder.
People accessing the download web page will always access the current files that are in the folder as well as the most recent version of the file, regardless of when the link was sent out. After a link is sent and the folder is updated with a new file, a file is deleted or a file is versioned, the next time the web page is accessed, the new file will be available, the deleted file will not be displayed and the latest version of the file will be downloaded. The same expiration settings in configuration that govern Anonymous File Access also control Anonymous Folder Access.
Anonymous File Access - File Versioning
A new setting for Anonymous File Access has been added to Configuration for File Manager. The setting controls what happens to links that had been previously sent when a new version of the file is uploaded. When the setting is enabled, an existing link to a file will be set to expired whenever a new version of the file is uploaded. You will need to send out a new link to provide access again. When the setting is disabled, the file will not expire when a new version is uploaded; expiration will only be controlled by the standard expiration setting. This "auto-expire on new version" setting is defaulted to "Disabled" and will follow inheritance if any changes are made.
Multi-select delete has been added to the Locations app
Download the latest Mac host on the Mac store - Kahua for Mac
- Alignment updates with our Windows host
- Various bug fixes
Kahua for Mobile
The following changes have been made to Kahua for iOS and Android:
- Updates to Messages Application - Ability to delete messages in mobile. Improved formatting
- Process Action enabled on Mobile - Process feature now available on mobile (e.g., ability to process an Issue into a Change Request)
- Various enhancements and bug fixes
Kahua Host Updates
All Kahua hosts have been updated with various enhancements and bug fixes. The Windows host will automatically update upon first launch after the release.
Download the appropriate app for your device:
Kahua Mobile for iOS on iTunes
Kahua Mobile for Android on Google Play