Administrators can update settings for their domain such as the domain name, password requirements for users, setting the time zone and enabling the data store if applicable.
In your Apps Repository, select Domain Settings. After opening the app, notice four tabs are available:
Authentication – Domain wide security measures can be modified and maintained.
- Change Domain Name – Changing the Domain Name will update the company name in the Community and each user’s profile.
- Email domains can be approved automatically for join requests from future new users with the same email domain - for example, if you do not wish to have to 'approve' all new users within your company, you may choose to list your company's email domain here (e.g., kahua.com).
- Password Strength Requirements – If users are required by the company to have specific security credentials, the strength requirements can be adjusted by typing a number beside each requirement that applies. If one is not applicable, type a zero (0) in the blank.
- Account Security Requirements – Additional security requirement can be set by clicking the toggle next to each requirement which applies. An admin can lock a user session after a defined number of inactive minutes.
- After a defined number of failed login attempts can prevent logging back in for a defined number of minutes.
- Require users to change their password every 90 days.
- All users cannot use their last 1 password (or more) by default.
- Single Sign-On Settings - if applicable, contact Kahua Support for more details.
Domain Defaults – Time zone, font, and font size defaults can be set for your company.
- Font and font size will only be updated in rich text fields, such as the body of a letter, meeting minutes, agenda details, etc. This does NOT change your font across standard Kahua applications.
- Here you can also enable the ability to Allow Anonymous File Access. When enabled, this gives users the ability to send hyperlinks of files from File Manager to Kahua users and non-users. For more specific information on Anonymous File Access settings at a partition level, see article here.
- Note: The link, by default, will not expire and allow the recipient the ability to download the file locally. However, if the link should need to expire in a specific number of days, that can be adjusted in Configuration, within the Applications tab, in File Manager, and under General. For a file, if a link should automatically expire when a new version of the file is uploaded check the box for the “Auto-expire all links when new version uploaded” setting.
Data Store – The data store collects data on system activities for use in creating custom reports with Stimulsoft or a third-party reporting tool.
Note: kBuilder training is recommended to learn to create custom reports. Please contact us to learn more about kBuilder.
- If you anticipate using custom reports, you can turn the data store on at any time to collect data. It is recommended you work with Kahua to do so if you plan to mine data in this way, as there may be a cost associated with setup of the VPN services required. The data store allows access to your raw SQL data through a VPN connection.
Getting Started Settings – This is where you can add the company logo for branding purposes. This logo will show up on the Getting Started app for all your users.