In addition to various performance improvements, user interface updates and error corrections, this release will also include:
We have updated the look and feel for in-app grids, typically found as Items tables in Cost Management apps. Users will notice a cleaner, clearer grid format and will notice that they will see just 10 line items before being prompted to click ‘Show All’ to further extend the grid.
A few of the features include:
- A count of total items
- Removal of scrolling window within a scrolling page,
- Resizable columns that are persisted
- Fields that auto-expand as data is entered
- Formatting for improved readability
Kahua has added an Employee Profile tab to the Contacts app. This can be used to define Employees and is particularly useful to pre-filter Contact attributes where only employees should be available for selection in for custom apps and extensions. This app is only displayed to Domain Administrators by default but can be made available to other groups via permissions.
Disable External Emails
For sensitive or confidential projects, Kahua has provided the ability to restrict any external email communication. For projects with this setting enabled, no outbound emails will be sent for tasks, notifications, manually sending using the "Send" action, etc. This will limit all of the notifications to the Kahua Messages app only. The exception is for system generated items like Share invitations. To assist with making end users aware that outbound emails have been disabled, a warning banner has been added to the Messages detail view when invoking an action that would normally initiate an outbound email. Note that any contact can still be selected as a recipient. However, if the recipient is not a Kahua user, the recipient will not receive the message.
To set up a project with this behavior, open the Configuration app for the project and navigate to the Settings tab. All members of the Domain Admin group will have this functionality available. Additionally, a new permission role for Configuration called "Settings Admin" will provide access to this setting.
Iterative Markups for Calculation Templates
Kahua has added support for iterative markups, which allows the ability to use a calculation as a cost basis repetitively until the maximum markup amount is derived. An iterative markup calculation is a calculation that has a circular relationship with other calculations defined for the calculation template. This in effect allows an organization to maximize the markup amount by defining the rules for iterating over a set of iterative calculations whereby for each iteration, the markup value will increase, with the difference from the prior calculation to the next calculation being added into the total. Members of the Domain Administrator group can access Calculation Templates for any project. We have also added the ability to permit members of other groups the ability to administer Calculation Templates via the Permissions tab in Groups. For more information, please see this article: Iterative Markups
Subcontractor Daily Reports
We’ve updated the Subcontractor extension to track labor hours by employee. With this extension, users can select an employee and indicate the type of work being performed and the hours worked. In addition, there are three new reports to total labor hours by Day, by Project, or Across all projects. If you wish to enable this functionality, contact Kahua to have this extension installed for your domain.
Download the latest Mac host on the Mac store - Kahua for Mac
- Added system processing indicator to let users know when the platform is processing a request
- Made updates to improve the presentation of content and eliminate shifting of UI elements
- Fixed bugs within Budgets app with the Process Wizard and Cost Items that would cause the system to lock up
- Fixed bug within Work Breakdown that inadvertently disabled hyperlinks to documents
- Fixed bug that disabled viewing of documents and drawings in Bid Management
- Fixed bug that caused File Manager to quit unexpectedly when clicking a folder
- Fixed bug that would cause a crash when working within the Projects overlay window
- Fixed bug that would cause the Process dialog to hang in the Submittals application
- Fixed various bugs that would cause File Sync to not function properly
- Fixed scrolling issue in Account Settings
Kahua for Mobile
The following changes have been made to Kahua for iOS and Android:
- Added capability to resync a contact that has been disassociated with the person's community profile
- Fixed various bugs with File Manager application
- Addressed issues with instructions in Contacts application
- Fixed various bugs with Contacts application
- Fixed bug in Daily Reports where an exception resulted in changes to the record to not be saved
- Fixed bug where attaching a photo to a Daily Report note crashes the host
- For Android, added support for adding files from the Android File application to any References sections within Kahua
Kahua Host Updates
All Kahua hosts have been updated with various enhancements and bug fixes. The Windows host will automatically update upon first launch after the release.
Download the appropriate app for your device: