NOTE: The below article details this feature for our customers utilizing our Kahua for Owner’s and Kahua for GC’s applications, which excludes custom workflow or configuration. Specific customer configuration, customers utilizing other versions of these applications, or custom application features may differ in functionality or processes to those outlined below. For more details on training guides specific to your company, please check with your company IT or Domain Administrator prior to submitting a request to Kahua Support.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Create a New Meeting
- Update the Meeting Record during the Meeting
- Send the Meeting Agenda or Minutes
- Copy Data from a previous Meeting in a Series:
The Kahua Meetings application allows users to track project meetings including one-time and recurring meetings. For each meeting, users can create, send, manage the agenda, meeting minutes, and action items, even track attendance.
Create a New Meeting
- Go to Apps and then select the Meetings app from the Document Management section.
- Select New.
- Note the three tabs: Details, Attendees and Meeting Item.
- The Details tab captures basic meeting information: subject (required), type, date, time, etc.
- The meeting agenda and minutes will be sent to all the people selected on the Attendees list.
- The Schedule section of the Details tab provides options for one-time meetings (Recurrence Pattern = None) or a meeting series. Each meeting occurrence within a series will appear in the log view when the series is saved.
Note: If there is a possibility the meeting will need to be extended, it is recommended to create a series of at least 1 occurrence (as seen in the image). After creating a meeting as a one-time meeting, you cannot force it be a recurring meeting in the future, creating a recurrence pattern of '1' will allow you to extend your meetings into the future.
- Save/Close the record to create your recurring meeting to ensure you have created the appropriate meetings prior to filling in all attendees and meeting items.
- Click on the first meeting in the recurrence and click Edit.
- On the Attendees tab, type out any attendee notes in the notes section (this is typically helpful for attendees who are not a Kahua contact).
- Add an attendee by either clicking Insert to create a new row, then finding the person from the drop-down or by clicking Add Multiple to add several different people into the items grid at once.
- New Contact is available to dynamically add a contact not already in the Contacts List and add to the meeting (you must have security permissions to add Contacts).
- Indicate any optional attendees by selecting the checkbox within the Attendees List.
- On the Meeting Items tab, create a meeting item for each agenda topic by selecting the Insert button to add rows to the grid. Several fields can be entered/selected within the grid.
- Select the Meeting Item More Details icon to open the detailed view. Set additional details such as Agenda Details, Type as new or old business, Category, and select Responsible Companies. Notice that Minute Details and Action Items are also available for each meeting item, which would typically be updated during or after the meeting.
Note: All the details entered for a meeting in a recurrence pattern can be copied into a future meeting. Please see the bottom of this section for more details.
Update the Meeting Record during the Meeting
When the meeting occurs, Edit the meeting record to:
- Open the Attendees tab.
- Use the Attendance drop-down list for each person and record them as Present, Absent, or Excused.
- If people not on the original list attended, add them to the meeting attendance list.
Capture Minutes and Actions and Create Tasks
- Open the Meeting Items tab, then select the More Details icon to open the detail view.
- Scroll to Minute Details and add notes from the meeting.
- Insert rows in the Action Items grid to record follow up activities. Click the More Details icon on the action items to fill out details around the action.
- Update the action item Subject, Description, and other information as appropriate. With the Action Items More Details view open; you can click next or previous to update action items with more efficiency. When entering the action items from More Details, select Done to navigate back to the Meeting Item or New to create the next action item.
- From the Action Items grid, select the Create Task check box (active for Kahua users only) to create a task for the item. Any unassigned tasks will automatically get assigned the next time you click Save, so make sure you are ready to assign before checking the checkbox.
- Once you have completed updates to a Meeting Item, select Done to navigate back to the Meeting Items grid. Save is available at the bottom and must be selected to save all the updates you made since the last time you clicked it.
- To distribute meeting minutes, select Send on the meeting record, and remove all attachments except for the Meeting Minutes (see section Send the Meeting Agenda or Minutes below).
- When finished editing, select Send.
Action Items sent to Kahua users as tasks are tracked and updated as the Task Assignee selects Send Update from their task. The meeting owner receives messages to alert them of these task updates and the update is reflected in the meeting action item. When the task assignee completes their task, they make any final updates to it and select Mark Complete. This will update the Date Completed field with the current date and set the Status = Completed.
Recall and Mark Complete buttons are available within the Meetings app for assigned tasks where an update needs to be made to the action item manually, as either of these actions will remove the task assignment.
Updates from Action items not assigned as tasks are received outside the app and the meeting owner edits the meeting to record these updates.
Send the Meeting Agenda or Minutes
- Select the meeting in the log and select the Send action. The New Message dialog opens and populates the To field with all meeting attendees and anyone in the Distribution/CC field.
- The message Attachments list may take several seconds to fully display, as it renders three PDFs and a system file. Select an attachment and select Remove for any that you do not want to send.
- Sign-in Sheet
- .KAHUA data file (a system file that should be removed)
Note: The “Copy to Communications” checkbox should remain checked to send a copy of the message to the Communications app.
Copy Data from a previous Meeting in a Series:
In a meeting series, items from one meeting may be copied into the next meeting in the series with options to relabel agenda items as Old Business and carry forward action items.
- Select the current meeting from the log.
- At the bottom of the current meeting, select the Copy form Previous action button.
- Select the previous meeting that the information should be copied from and the appropriate field options from the window then click Continue.
- After reviewing the current meeting, the details and information will be available as determined by the selections made.